Elocution coaching addresses your clarity, breathing, and attractiveness and expressiveness in many spoken situations; it can also reduce an unwanted international or local accent. You may be well dressed and well qualified, but are you well spoken?
Making a good impression
The way we speak is part of the all-important ‘first impression’ that we create. Being able to speak well has a huge impact on our relationships with others.
* As with all our coaching, we will start out by discussing your aspirations and goals, and your needs as an individual.
* We will use warm-up exercises, breathing, posture and relaxation techniques, vocal exercises and phonetic training to develop your oratory skills. This is a kind of athleticism of the voice, where the muscles that create speech sounds have become too tense, careless, tired, or stuck!
* Good results in elocution depend greatly on the ability to listen to and hear sounds, and this is a process that is both external – when exploring “models” of good pronunciation, the people we recognise as having good speech habits and “sounding right” – and and also internal, in other words, being able to feel sounds as we produce them from within our own body.
* Whether you are aiming to speak with a specific national, regional or “received” type of pronunciation, using the “Queen’s English”, we can train you.
These are based on our current rates and delivery either by Skype or face-to-face.
On an example 15 hours:
* Business rate:
▪ 1 hour per week 15 weeks @ £120 = £1800
▪ 2 hours per week 7.5 weeks @ £100 = £1500
▪ 3 hours per week 5 weeks @ £90 = £1350
* Personal rate:
▪ 1 hour per week 15 weeks @ £100 = £1500
▪ 2 hours per week 7.5 weeks @ £80 = £1200
▪ 3 hours per week 5 weeks @ £70 = £1050